Friday, May 8, 2009

My Bike Goes to the Doctor

I pulled my bicycle out of storage and took it to a local bike shop for their spring tune up special. I needed it. It's been stored away since we moved into this house 4 years ago. In the prior 2-3 years I probably didn't do more than ride around the block a few times.

I don't know why I haven't ridden more. I always loved riding before I got my license some 24 years ago or so. About 7 years ago I rode to work and back most days during the summer which was about 3 miles each way. By the end of that summer I could make the trip in about 10 minutes and had lost 40 lbs. Bringing be down to about 295.

I felt good. But then winter came and I didn't stay active. By the time I thought about taking it out again the next year it had become more work than fun to ride it. Clearly I'm going to have to get a cycle trainer or stay active some other way over the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment