Friday, May 22, 2009

Eating Out

We ate out at a Chinese buffet today. Not exactly health food. I did eat more veggies than anything else and had hot tea instead of soda. I also had about 1/3 less to eat over all than I would have usually eaten. Due to eating more appropriate portions lately (not small but not "fat guy" size either) I was was much fuller afterwards today too.

I got home just before dark again tonight. I worked late last night too and I didn't want to put off taking a ride again for a 2nd day in a row. So I went in, changed and headed out.

I only went about 1.9 miles today to a nearby stream and back. BUT, that was towing my 4 year old in the bicycle child "trailer" (who names these things?)

When you are in the lowest gear and pushing to get up a hill I'm not sure if its motivating or depressing to hear a small voice behind you ask, "Why are we going so slow?" I guess motivating. After all good dads don't want to let their kids down. I know I sure broke a sweat on that short trip.

BTW, the cut on my leg looks like it's going to clear up. At least it looks better and is starting to scab over decently now. No more snot consistency "goo" under the band-aid when I take it off. (Gross)

No comments:

Post a Comment